The Prizes will give visibility to project examples and concepts/ideas that illustrate how the triangle of sustainability, aesthetics and inclusion has already been translated in our territories, our communities
and in our practices, or that pave the way to the future.
10 different categories are established for existing examples or new ideas and concepts that manifest the New European Bauhaus values and will serve as inspiration for the New European Bauhaus.
In each of the ten categories, two parallel competition strands are established:
- Strand A: “New European Bauhaus Awards” will be devoted to existing completed examples
- Strand B: “New European Bauhaus Rising Stars” will be devoted to concepts or ideas submitted by young talents aged 30 or less.
The 10 categories:
1. Techniques, materials and processes for construction and design
2. Buildings renovated in a spirit of circularity
3. Solutions for the co-evolution of built environment and nature
4. Regenerated urban and rural spaces
5. Products and life style
6. Preserved and transformed cultural heritage
7. Reinvented places to meet and share
8. Mobilisation of culture, arts and communities
9. Modular, adaptable and mobile living solutions
10. Interdisciplinary education models
What does the prize consist of?
The winners in each category and each strand will receive a monetary amount (one
winner per category in each strand):
- EUR 30,000 for winners of the New European Bauhaus Awards
- EUR 15,000 for winners of the New European Bauhaus Rising Stars.
All winners will also receive a communication package (e.g. paid media, production of
a short documentary, how to pitch the project).
Submit your application and read more information here. Applications may be presented by the individual(s) and the organization(s) (territorial administration, project promoter or organiser, etc) who is/are entitled to represent the initiative. Joint applications are allowed. Please note the deadline is 31 May 2021.
To reflect the participatory dimension of the design phase of the New European Bauhaus, the selection process for the prizes will involve a public voting by the subscribers to the New European Bauhaus newsletter, as well as an evaluation by the New European Bauhaus official partners.