- Online courses: The Institut français facilitated access to its digital offer, in order to ensure pedagogical continuity in the Instituts français and Alliances françaises as much as possible.
- The Culturethèque digital library: Culturethèque offers major titles from the French press, comic strips, music albums, novels, essays on current themes (environmental issues, city-world & urban changes), self-study modules in French as a foreign language (FLE), books and comics for FLE learners (all levels), humanities articles, conferences, web documentaries and video games.
- Virtual pavillon Les Cinémas du monde: 17 film-makers and producers from southern or emerging countries, working on 10 film projects, take part in the Fabrique Cinéma de l’Institut français, a programme aimed at promoting cinema from emerging countries, for a 2020 100% online edition.
- IFcinéma à la carte, an online event from June 12th to July 13th : watch films for free, from home. French and African online film festival, « IFcinéma à la carte » is free and open to all.
- Cinema education: The CinEd platform gives educators participating in the programme access to a collection of European films accompanied by pedagogical tools for the organisation of screenings and activities for young Europeans aged 6 to 19.
- Online open-studio by artists in residence at the Cité internationale des arts: During the period of lockdown, the Institut français attached a special significance to support the artistic creation and the work of artists. On Thursday, April 2, 2020, the recipients of the program shared their residency experiences on the social networks through a digital journey to the heart of their studios. Available during 24h on the Instagram and Facebook stories of the Institut français’ pages, the online open-studio can be re-experienced at any time through a dedicated video published on the YouTube channel and the website of the Institut français.