The American Alliance of Museums has compiled this guide to help museums prepare for and navigate the broader impact of COVID-19. AAM will continue to monitor this evolving situation and update this guidance as needed. These recommendations are not to be taken as legal advice or a definitive answer for any particular museum, but rather as a guide for managing the impacts of COVID-19 for the field.
If you have resources, sample plans, or stories about how the COVID-19 crisis is impacting your museum that you would like to share with the field, please contact AAM at email@example.com.
The resources offered are related to the following topics:
Directory of Resources
– Centering diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion
– Finding financial relief and support (for individuals and institutions)
– Leading in times of crisis
– Maintaining museum excellence in the time of COVID-19
– Managing your museum career
– Preparing for closures or re-closures
– Preparing to reopen
– Resources for companies that serve museums
– Reviewing staff and administrative policies
– Staying connected with your audiences
Find more information here.
The American Alliance of Museums’ mission is to champion museums and nurture excellence in partnership with their members and allies.
From art museums to science centers, arboretums to zoos, members of the diverse museum community share something in common—strong support, standards of excellence, knowledge sharing, and professional networks provided by the American Alliance of Museums.
Since 1906 the Alliance has been a leader in developing best practices and advocating for museums, as well as providing a host of opportunities to museum staff and volunteers. More than 35,000 individual museum professionals and volunteers, institutions, and corporate partners benefit from the work of the Alliance.