Blue Shop Cottage is a gallery and events space for selling original artwork by emerging artists that hosts creative learning through talks, events, and workshops. It’s founded by designer and entrepreneur Ocki Magill, who ‘Creatives Entrepreneurs’ speak to this week about her career journey and business idea. Ocki turned her home in South London into an art space because she felt her mission was to help her local community grow through being a platform for local creative talent. With that, she opened Blue Shop Cottage, its mantra? ‘Help artists grow’. Since opening, Ocki has curated a number of highly successful exhibitions and shows, as well as having 19 artworks purchased by Soho House for their permanent collection.
Themes that will be discussed at this session:
- Having a space that’s a home, an art gallery and events space all in one!
- Event and Art show curation
- Working with the local community
- The importance of finding your vision, mission, and purpose and aligning this with your values
- Selling work to large scale businesses
- Ways to support artists and makers in your own, local community
You can read more information and register here. Date & Time: Thu, 18 March 2021, 16:00 – 17:00 EET.
Creative Entrepreneurs’ Zoom Dives bring creative business experts together in conversation with its founder Carolyn Dailey to tackle some of the most urgent topics currently affecting business owners and freelancers in the wake of the COVID-19 crisis.
Blue Shop Cottage is a gallery and events space for selling original artwork by emerging artists and creative learning through talks, events and workshops.