Art Fund helps museums and galleries in a number of ways:
- Providing museums and curators with funding for: acquisitions; training and development; and the display of art through tours and exhibitions.
- Running public appeals when a particular work of art is under threat.
- Promoting hundreds of UK museums and galleries through the National Art Pass.
- Providing museums and galleries with the chance to fundraise for individual projects through Art Happens, their crowdfunding platform.
- Helping museums share and show collections, by supporting tours and exhibitions such as ARTIST ROOMS, a nationwide tour of post-war and contemporary art.
- Campaigning and advocacy work: they lobbied behind the scenes for free entry to national museums, and more recently for tax incentives to encourage philanthropy.
- Through the Art Fund Museum of the Year, they celebrate the very best museums and galleries in the country.
You can read more information here.