The Minister for Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media, Catherine Martin TD, announced the launch of the Music and Entertainment Business Assistance Scheme which will open for applications at 1pm on 9 June 2021.
Businesses that are not eligible for other business supports such as the Covid Restrictions Support Scheme (CRSS) or the Small Business Assistance Scheme for Covid (SBASC) are eligible to apply.
The features of the Music and Entertainment Business Assistance Scheme (MEBAS) are as follows;
Sole traders, partnerships or incorporated entities operating as a business exclusively within the live entertainment sector are eligible to apply.
- Businesses of musicians and singers of all genres are eligible as are:
- sound engineers
- lighting engineers
- audio engineers
- stage managers
- stage technicians
- sound and lighting equipment suppliers
- live-streaming equipment suppliers
- full-time disc jockeys
Support will be offered by way of a single once-off payment at three levels:
- €2,500 for businesses with a VAT-exclusive turnover of €20,000 – €50,000 with minimum business costs of €3,000
- €4,000 for businesses with a VAT-exclusive turnover of €50,000 – €100,000 with minimum business costs of €6,000
- €5,000 for businesses with VAT-exclusive turnover in excess of €100,000 with minimum business costs of €7,500
Read more information here.